2017 Legal Update for Employers Labor Law Workshop
When: Friday, January 27, 2017
Time: 8:30AM to 10AM, Registration at 8:15AM
Where: San Fernando Valley Community Mental Health Center, Inc. 16360 Roscoe Blvd, 2nd Floor, Van Nuys
Cost: Free to Greater San Fernando Valley Chamber of Commerce members, $10 for non-members.
EMPLOYMENT LAW TOPICS THAT EVERY EMPLOYER NEEDS TO KNOW
- The Employer’s obligations concerning the new minimum wage and exemption “salary test” increases
- How to navigate through the maze of State and local paid sick leave laws
- Learn about recent amendments to the Fair Pay Act and how it may affect your hiring practices
- Learn about the importance of Employee Handbooks—Essential policies and practices
- Discover how to effectively manage your risks and minimize employment law claims against your business.
OUR SPEAKER: Jennifer Raphael Komsky, Esq.
When: Thursday, February 16, 2017 from 4-6 pm
Cost: The workshop is free of charge, and refreshments will be provided.
Where: Strength United 14651 Oxnard St, Van Nuys, CA 91411
To Register: Contact VNR Project Coordinator Ashley Wright at 818/677-2774 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valley Nonprofit Resources Workshop
Legal disputes and legal actions regarding employees are just about inevitable and costly, but their impact and cost can be minimized by Employment Practices Liability Insurance Policy, good record-keeping, regular and honest communication with employees, management and boards. Learn how to comply with state and federal law, what forms and policies must be updated and other strategies to avoid litigation which will be discussed at this free workshop.
2017 Winter Executive’s Conference
When: February 21-24, 2017
Where: Marriott Valley Hotel & Spa, 3425 Solano Avenue, Napa, CA 94558 (707) 253-8600
Landegger Baron founding Partner, Alfred J. Landegger is a featured Speaker at This Year’s Winter Conference in Napa Calif.
Whenever possible, Mr. Landegger lends his expertise and knowledge base to a host of Nonprofits throughout California and counts over fifty organizations as Firm clients. On February 21st, over one hundred representatives of California Nonprofits will gather for the annual California Alliance Winter conference held in beautiful Napa California.
Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Where: Wyndham Garden Ventura Pierpont Inn
550 Sanjon Road, Ventura, CA 93001
Hear Tips and Tactics from Experienced Practitioners
Stay up to date on the latest legislative changes and court decisions impacting your human resource practices! This essential course focuses on day-to-day issue spotting – covering current hot button issues and highlighting practical pointers to avoid and handle common problem areas.
Guest Speakers: Jennifer Raphael Komsky and Marie D. Davis
When: January 18, 2017 11:30AM to 1PM
Cost: $15 Members (Commerce Industrial Council Chamber of Commerce or Bell Gardens Chamber of Commerce)
$25 Non-Members or Pay at the Door
Where: Commerce Industrial Council Chamber, 6055 E Washington Blvd, Commerce, CA 90040, Lower Level Conference Room
Key Learning Points:
- What are Employer’s obligations with the new minimum wage and exemption “salary
- How will Employers navigate State and local paid sick leave laws?
- Learn how to avoid misclassifying your employees as exempt or independent
- Discover Employee handbook essential policies and practices.
- Find out how to manage the risks of employment law claims.
Date: Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Time: 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Where: City Club Los Angeles
555 S. Flower St, 51 st Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071
You’re invited to join other business owners and managers to the 2017 Employment Law Update & Best Practices Seminar presented by INSURENEX. Law expert Oscar E. Rivas, Esq., Partner at Landegger Baron Law Group, ALC., will bring you up to date with the employment law changes taking place in 2017 and how to best manage them.
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Time: Registration 11:30AM, Presentation 12:00AM
Where: Commerce Industrial Council Chamber of Commerce
Lower level conference room located at 6055 E. Washington Blvd, Commerce, CA 90040
Topic: How Will Employers Avoid Needless Employment Law Litigation, let’s do it by the book.
Guest Speaker: Roxano Verano
When: September 14, 2016 – 10:30AM
Where: Online Webinar
- Valid reasons for intermittent leave
- What not to count as FMLA leave
- Determining eligibility for intermittent leave
When: August 4, 2016 – 10:30AM
Where: Online Webinar
In this information-packed webinar, Marie Davis of Landegger Baron Law Group offers an important Mid-Year Employment Law Review and covers laws that have changed and those that have remained the same.
When & Where: Woodland Hills, Friday August 12th
THREE NEW EMPLOYMENT LAW CHANGES THAT EMPLOYERS NEED TO KNOW. Is your business in compliance with these new labor laws?
- Minimum wage hikes…where you work makes a difference.
- New sick pay increases and when they go into effect.
- Federal exempt mandates; who, what, when, where, how.