Human Resource Law: What You Need to Know Now
Our own Jennifer Raphael Komsky and Marie D. Davis join forces to participate in the upcoming, Live Employment Law Seminar hosted by NBI.
Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Wyndham Garden Ventura Pierpont Inn
550 Sanjon Road
Ventura, CA 93001
Register & More Information: http://www.nbi-sems.com/Details.aspx/R-74613ER%7C?
Hear Tips and Tactics from Experienced Practitioners
Stay up to date on the latest legislative changes and court decisions impacting your human resource practices! This essential course focuses on day-to-day issue spotting – covering current hot button issues and highlighting practical pointers to avoid and handle common problem areas. Experienced faculty will take you through the critical legal issues you need to know from hiring to firing – including wages and benefits, workplace privacy, discrimination, and more. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn techniques from those with years in the field. Register today!
- Stay up to date on the latest changes and cases in human resource law, including the Affordable Care Act.
- Understand the legal do’s and don’ts during the interview process, including background checks and drug testing, drafting employment contracts, and hiring independent contractors and immigrants.
- Ensure overtime and employee leave policies are compliant with the law.
- Learn appropriate methods for calculating and tracking FMLA time.
- Make sure employee handbooks contain the critical provisions necessary to keep them up to date with current issues.
- Discuss the latest interpretations of “disability” under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Know how to appropriately handle thorny employee behavior issues while ensuring privacy rights are upheld.
- Set up proper discipline and firing procedures to avoid wrongful termination and retaliatory claims.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar examines the current issues in human resource law for:
- HR personnel
- Presidents and Vice Presidents
- The Affordable Care Act and Other Developments in Employment Law (Federal and State)
- Is Your Employee Handbook Up to Date?: Essential Components and Sample Policies for Today’s Workplace
- Wage and Benefit Issues
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Employee Discipline and Termination
- Workplace Behavior and Privacy Issues
Continuing Education Credit
Certified Payroll Professionals – Certified Payroll Professional: 6.00
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00
Human Resource Certification Institute – HRCI: 6.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.60
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants: 7.00 *
Professional Achievement in Continuing Education – PACE: 7.00 *
Society for Human Resource Management – SHRM CP/SCP: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits