Getting up-to-date with Current Labor Laws for 2017
2017 Legal Update for Employers Labor Law Workshop
When: Friday, January 27, 2017
Time: 8:30AM to 10AM, Registration at 8:15AM
Where: San Fernando Valley Community Mental Health Center, Inc. 16360 Roscoe Blvd, 2nd Floor, Van Nuys
Cost: Free to Greater San Fernando Valley Chamber of Commerce members, $10 for non-members.
EMPLOYMENT LAW TOPICS THAT EVERY EMPLOYER NEEDS TO KNOW
- The Employer’s obligations concerning the new minimum wage and exemption “salary test” increases
- How to navigate through the maze of State and local paid sick leave laws
- Learn about recent amendments to the Fair Pay Act and how it may affect your hiring practices
- Learn about the importance of Employee Handbooks—Essential policies and practices
- Discover how to effectively manage your risks and minimize employment law claims against your business.
OUR SPEAKER: Jennifer Raphael Komsky, Esq. Jennifer earned her B.S. in 1994 from the University of California, Santa Barbara and earned her J.D. Degree in 1997 at the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. She was admitted to the State Bar in 1997. Jennifer successfully defends employers in all phases of litigation before State and Federal Courts and administrative agencies. She also provides advice and guidance for litigation defense and avoidance.
NOTE: This program will be approved for 1.50 hours (California) recertification credit toward PHR, SPHR & GPHR through the HR Certification Institute. “The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre‐approved for recertification credit.”
Download this page in PDF format