Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
REQUIRED SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION TRAINING
SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION SEMINARS
We regularly conduct employment law training seminars on important and timely issues. The training seminars last between 1-8 hours and summarize the laws and your obligations under the law.
These seminars are informative, some are mandatory, and all provide a strong understanding of employment law summaries and your obligations as employers and managers.
ATTENTION EMPLOYERS AND SUPERVISORS….IS IT TIME TO RETRAIN?
- Previous training may not stand the test of the ever-changing regulations.
- Regulations require a “subject matter expert” and that the training be” interactive”.
- You can make sure you’re on solid ground with training by an experienced Employment law attorney.
Beginning January 2020, and every two years thereafter, if your business has 5 or more employees, State Law requires that you provide sexual harassment prevention training for all employees.
- Two hours of training for all supervisors within six months of assuming a supervisory position.
- One hour of training for all non-supervisory employees within six months of hire.
- Temporary employees, or any employee hired to work for less than six months must be provided training within 30 calendar days of their hire date or within 100 hours worked, whichever occurs first.
- Time line example: If your employee took sexual harassment training in 2022, the employee is due to take it again by January 1, 2024, which is the next training deadline. Employees must be retrained every two years, either two years from the date of completion of the last training or by the end of the next training deadline; employers shall not extend the training deadline for new employees.
If you have fewer than 5 employees, this training can increase your protection against claims. Although not required, you should consider it because you will learn:
- The definition of sexual harassment has expanded to incorporate Bullying and Intimidation.
- How to recognize all aspects and signs to prevent complaints and lawsuits.
- To increase the potential for protecting yourself against claims, which average $250,000.
Training sessions are sponsored by the law firm of Landegger Verano & Davis, ALC,
Exclusively representing California employers in all areas of labor and employment law.