- This event has passed.
Camarillo January Workshop: The Top Nine New Laws Affecting Employers In 2018
January 26 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 amFree
Key learning points:
- B. 168: Employers cannot inquire nor consider salary history during the hiring process.
- B. 450: The employer’s immigration role is becoming very complicated—and risky.
- B.1008: “Ban the Box” means don’t ask for criminal history unless you have made a conditional offer.
- B.63: The parental leave law is greatly expanded—if you have 20 or more employees, beware!
- B.306: The Labor Commissioner is given broad, new investigative powers.
- B.396: The new law expands anti-harassment training; topics to be covered.
- B.260 &225: Discover the new employer posting requirements on human trafficking.
- B.1701: General construction contractors are liable for subcontractors’ failure to pay wages and benefits.
- The Minimum Wage increases in January to either $10.50 or $11.00—depending on size of employer.
NOTE: New Camarillo Location (see below)
Presenter: Marie D. Davis, Esq.
RSVP by Monday before workshop
To Register for this workshop – Complete the Registration Form below.
In order for our Firm to continue offering the monthly workshops at no charge we must provide an accurate registration count to the workshop venues. If you register and later find you cannot attend, please cancel 3 days in advance as we are charged for no-show registrants.
Thank you for your courtesy and cooperation!
Missed any of our workshops or seminars?